Monday, July 27, 2009

Free again!!

It finally happened! I got a walk-in hair appt. and Jim was too sick to take me. I got the keys and was on my way.
Thank you, God:
10:00 so after rushhour on our road-I didn't meet anyone coming or going on the little, tiny, narrow, holey,curvey, mango strewn road from our house.
Only 1 car behind me honking to go faster!
People standing on the road to cut vines down were taking a snack break so I didn't have to swerve over in on-coming traffic!
I didn't make eye contact with a single man-ask Sheila!

Next time I plan on the following:
Not hitting the windshield wipers everytime I want to signal turns(wrong side)
Tooting horn lots more-every curve, pass, hello!, get out of my way!
No leaving fingerprints in the steering wheel from grip!

People of Grenada!! Watch out! I'm free! (Jim just rolled his eyes!)

4 comments:

  1. Dave has told me many of horror stories about driving in Venezuela. I wonder if it's similar. He said the drivers are crazy, they don't slow down, they don't signal and if there is a half a car length... they will fit the car. Funny!
    Hope you haircut was worth the trauma of the drive there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go.... I knew you'd make it.

    Email me and I'll send you the directions on how to post a picture. judithcruzan@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Jim & Marie!
    We've been wanting to get in touch and keep up with you guys, but today is the first time I've had a chance to set it up. We are so "not" savvy to this new computer blog thing, but we love your posts. Especially the driving. We've had a good laugh and now we're off to work on the well and sort cows. Wish Jim were closer, he could help. Considering his ability with geckos, I hope he gets better. All the others are likely to hear about you guys and move in, too. Have a great day! We love you. b&p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie,
    E-mail us at[bpchristian73@gmail.com]. We keep missing Jim's calls and we'd love to talk!
    b&p

    ReplyDelete