Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Herding Geckos

Most of you know how I love most reptiles-especially geckos! Thank goodness because we have them all over the place! I talk to them and encourage them to eat more mosquitoes which we also have in abundance! A gecko got in our door the other day so I just left it in hopes that we'd have fewer bugs. Yesterday while I was talking to Stacey, here comes Jim, herding the gecko with his feet and a broom, trying to get it out the back door. (He's afraid it's thirsty-told him they get juice from bugs) (It may turn into a vampire gecko-eating blood thirsty mosquitoes that are living off us juicy people!) (Hmmm-that may be a children's story!!) Anyway, the gecko swerved off at the last minute-as geckos are prone to do, I guess--like cat herding, I'm sure! I know--it will be my pet gecko, I'll name it and it will fit my criteria for a perfect pet!!love yall!

2 comments:

  1. That does sound like a great pet! It makes you happy when it's around, you don't have to feed or water it, it eats mosquitos.... AND you don't have to clean up after it! I think that's the perfect pet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unlike what Bonnie said, you do have to clean up after them, and they leave some pretty strange things behind, more than what you'd expect. Sending directions on how to load pictures as soon as I get your email address.

    ReplyDelete