Saturday, August 22, 2009

Good Chinese Food

Well, everyone! I have 1 more chinese eatery to go before I give up and start making my own. We ate at 1 that was close to the most beautiful bay so far-Lance aux 'Epines---it had a lighthouse and cliffs and crashing waves. Of course, I had to stand on the cliff like Jane Austen's Elizabeth and let the wind blow on me. (I really needed a long dress!) Anyway, the restaurant was open to the outside as most here are, it was just getting dark, so the mosquitoes quickly sent out word that there was fresh blood out! We had to wiggle around and slap until Jim went back to the car for our long sleeve movie shirts--I wrapped mine around my legs and feet , draped my napkin around my right arm and just let them feed off my left. Jim was huddled in his. Alas, it was not worth it--we've tried 3 chinese here and know where 1 more is, so next week we may try that one. I'm gathering chinese and thai fixings everytime I go to the grocery store though--think I'm going to be our best bet!

1 comment:

  1. Been wondering about the Asian food down there. We went to PeiWei the other day, and I thought about you.

    ReplyDelete